The house was constructed in 1650 by Mister Lorenzo De Lara. The property was purchased from the convent of nuns Nuestra Señora de la Limpia Concepción for 400 pesos. It was damaged several times in the many earthquakes that occurred. In the earthquake of 1976 the second floor fell into the street and it was repaired in 1987.
The main entrance is where the carriages entered during the Spanish reign. This house is one of the few accessible homes with two floors that were built in Antigua and remains preserved.